Can my bad credit prevent me from enlisting in the Air Force?

Q. I am 19 years old and unfortunately have really bad credit (credit cards, bank loans, student loans, doctor bills). I am not up to date on everything that's for sure. Could this prevent me. I plan on taking care of this with direct deposit once I enlist but will there be any problems enlisting with bad credit? Thank you so much for your advice!

A. The short answer is, "Yes." But I think you can work through this.

First, do not declare bankruptcy. That seriously impairs your ability to get into any branch of the military. It's seen as evidence that you don't take care of your responsibilities. Bankruptcy is harder to declare than it used to be, and having a bankruptcy at 19 is a pretty solid indication you could be a risk.

Second, do call someone like Consumer Credit Counseling Service. (You can Google them). They will call your creditors, work out repayments (lower interest, settlements on totals, etc.), and help you repair your credit score. And their services are free to you. You will show initiative, willingness to get help and settle your debts, and prove you're not a huge security risk.

There isn't an easy way to fix this, but there is a way. The Air Force is reducing some career fields right now, and you want to show them you're a good candidate.

Best of luck.

I want to know where i can go to get a loan to pay off my car and another loan i have?
Q. I have bad credit, but i was wondering if maybe i can use my car as collateral to get a loan to pay off the rest of my car and another military loan i have?

A. I can't answer your question. I'm just writing to tell you the people who are suggesting you visit thier websites are probably trying to scam you. this site is rich with con artists.

You can almost never make money on the internet. If a site is advertising that you can, then it is usually out to rip you off, especially if you only hear about the site on Yahoo! Answers from someone answering this question. Remember, if they ask you to pay them so that they can hire you, then you are being scammed! The employers pay the workers, it's not the other way around.

Whats a legit loan place for people with bad credit who need quick loans.?
Q. I need a loan quick i have bad credit and im in the military?

A. Friends, family pawn shop.

Good luck.

Want to buy a house but I have bad credit?
Q. Ok, this is my situation. I'm getting out of the military and have bad credit, mostly due to a defaulted student loan. I'm retiring and will have roughly $2200 per month coming in from that retirement. My wife has good credit but no income. And we have a person that has excellent credit willing to be a co signer. So, with all these factors, would I be able to get a mortgage? Also, I would be getting a job after retirement, or going back to school using the GI Bill.

A. If the third person is a family member, put that person on the loan with your wife & get an FHA loan. They must have enough income to qualify for the loan. Work on getting that student loan paid off. They will set up a payment plan. It is the right thing to do.

Can I get an auto loan with bad credit?
Q. Ok, let me tell you my story-I have bad credit but NO DEBT. Before I joined the military, I payed my 2300 worth of debt off. That was about a year ago, maybe 10 months. Anyways, My credit is still bad though, and I applied for an autoloan through USAA and they said I could get a 12,000 loan WITH a cosigner. But This is not what I need, I need a little bit higher, say, 15,000. Since, I have no debt, Are all the places gonna only approve me for 12,000 or can I get anymore? Please don't tell me to get a car for 12,000, I have the car I want, it is a good deal and my only advise I need is about the loan, not my car. Thanks, by the way, I currently have no credit cards or anything.
Also, I was going to put 1000$ down, maybe 1500$ is everything goes right, will this help?

A. Yes, you can get an auto loan with bad credit, and yes, I'm sure someone will loan you $15,000...but you won't be able to afford the payments. Auto loan companies make money off people like you. To be honest, USAA is probably giving you the best deal out there.....I know, I just bought a car with their money three days ago, and the dealership wasn't happy about it. You didn't say what branch you are in, but if you quality for membership in Navy Federal, you can try them as well. Their rates are lower than USAA's, but they tend to be pickier about who they loan to (I have NO idea why, since their customer service is so bad). My point is, if you want a HIGH APR, yes, someone will loan you money.

But it sounds like you need to learn to live within your means, and if that means buying a $12,000, then you need to buy a $12,000 car. Personally, I don't know why anyone who needs a cosigner for a car needs to be buying something that expensive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment