Is it possible, as a first time home buyer, to get a home loan and have money left over for renovations?

home renovation loans
 on Powered By Vbulletin Low Home Improvement Loans | Laptop Solve and Fix ...
home renovation loans image



Carmencita


For example: Can I take out a loan for $100,000 but buy a house for $90,000 and use the rest for renovations? If not, what options do I have to immediately make renovations to my home?


Answer
they have what is called a 203 k. it is a fha loan for fixer upper homes. you have to put 3% down.

When I get a home loan, can I take out more than the price of the home for renovations?




soberlunat


I am doing this alone, no partner, husband, etc. Cost of the house is 65,000 but I want to build a garage and put up a fence for a dog.


Answer
Are you securing the loan with something else as well?

Example. Total assessed value of property = 1 million

Value of loan = 1.5 million

If person runs off tomorrow then the bank is screwed half a million.

Bad idea neh?

I just bought my home in May 2008 and I need a loan for home renovations? But I am in unemployed at the moment?




sanchez.ro


Where could I go to get a Loan for like $5000??


Answer
I do not know where you live however when I lived in Jacksonville, Florida the city had grants that low income home owners could get for home repair..check with your city or state.

If I take a loan for $200,000 and the home costs $185,000 can I use the extra 15K for renovations?




cowgirlboo


Will my lender lend me the 200K if the home only costs 185K? I would like to use the extra 15K to make renovations. Any feedback? I am in TX.


Answer
I am amazed at some of the responses:

1. "Its' pretty rare to get more than 90% of the property's value." This is plain wrong! It is rare to get financing greater than 100% of loan-to-value, but it's very common to get financing for 95%, 97%, and 100%.

2. "It has to appraise out at $200,000 [to get a loan for $200,000]." This quote needs clarification. If the agreed upon sales price is $185,000, conforming/conventional (FNMA) lenders will loan a max of $185,000. Conforming lenders will loan on the LESSER of the appraised value or agreed upon sales price. There may be some non-conforming lenders that will lender on the greater of the two, but you will pay through the nose for a high rate.

*** Guys, if you haven't worked in the mortgage business, please be very careful as to the information you pass along.

Does Home Improvement/renovation Loan qualify the same benefits for Income tax Ddn as that of a Home Loan?




bindu d





Answer
In most cases, if you use the full amount of the loan to improve the house, your total debt is below a certain (fairly large) amount, and you are currently living in the house, similar rules apply for using the mortgage interest as a tax deduction.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment